Lebanon War

I cry when I watch the news these days
But what use has anyone got for these stupid tears anyway?
I watch while I’m afraid of becoming numb
When victims start turning into meaningless sums
They’re no longer a father, a mother, a husband, a wife, a brother, a sister, a daughter or a son
Fifty-nine people have died today
Oh no, make it sixty one
What’s the difference?
It’s not like anyone bothers to notice
Except for the families of those “extra” two
Well, there’s nothing that they can do
They’ll just have to learn how to make it through
Sitting in the safety and comfort of my home
I feel like a coward.
I feel like a traitor.
I feel angry to see the way Lebanon is left to suffer alone
People turn their heads away pretending they don’t see
They block their ears so they don’t hear the screams
Skip the channels that show nothing but how sad it’s gotten to be
Maybe it’ll just go away and end
So we can go back to smiling like nothing ever happened
Maybe we could feel better about ourselves then
I donate money and I feel guilty for the amount I choose to keep
I fool my conscious saying I’ve done all I could so I can sleep
I wake up in the middle of the night and say a prayer
God, please stop the war that’s going on there
Please spare the lives of those who are still alive
Have mercy on those who have died
Install some comfort into their families and loved ones
Just say so and it’s done
Amen.

13 thoughts on “Lebanon War

1. i was thinking the same exact thing wallah..did u watch the news today?! & someone should that smile off that condeleza bitch’s face..i hate them i hate them i hate them..& i feel so helpless & like a 2-face..we’re just sitting there watching it happen & we cant do anything about it. i hate that.

2. A prayer only takes a minute and doesn’t hurt anyone…putting positive energy towards all that negativity helps…and don’t ever become numb because then they have accomplished their goal to dehumanize you and make u belive that what they are doing is not really that bad….

3. didi, i guess we feel the same way then

fida, ameen

beetle, oh Condaleza’s face today..i want to spit on it and slap her until she can no longer smile

c’est la vie, i’m saying a paryer whenever i rememebr to.. most of day and night..
    and no inshallah i won’t become numb.. it’s their goal as you say
    i’ll refuse to accept 59 as 61 because it’s different

4. God, please stop the war that’s going on there
    Please spare the lives of those who are still alive
    Have mercy on those who have died
    Install some comfort into their families and loved ones”

Amen. Allah y9aberhom oo ykoon f-3oonhom

5. I sit here in America and watch the new daily and it hurts me to see the death toll rising. The war still rages on. Where is the muslim world when we need them ? Why are we (nations) not united in our cause ? I pray for peace. Daily.

6. raincity, i know. it hurts to see Lebanon stuck in a war he’s not even a part of

fimgirl, sedna and lilly, amen

trader joes, these questions have been asked a mliion times before. we just have to keep on praying