Innocent Substance

Would you leave my core, please?
You’ve taken residence inside of me for too long
And I apologize for saying that I’m tired
But my desire for you has simply gotten too strong

I can’t contain it any more than I have
Being this close to you is suicidal in my case
I need to escape from my dreams of you
Take away the images of your beautiful face

You’re an addiction that runs through my veins
I couldn’t quit you no matter how hard I tried
You’re an innocent substance, my dear
So unaware of my dependence on you to survive

I wish to touch the inner part of your soul
To be let in because I’m still at the surface
But I guess I don’t have the key to unlock you
You don’t seem to intend to let down your defenses

I feel that you know you own me completely
You just don’t like to acknowledge you have such power
Convince yourself that you don’t mean anything to me
When everything is so clear in this fateful hour

Here you go; this is my heart as a gift
I know it’s not much but it beats your name
I don’t have use for it, at least not any time soon
Keep it with you until the day we meet again

10 thoughts on “Innocent Substance

1. Shiyridoon 3ala ramadan kareem? i dunno 😦 and also the was beautiful, the poem, i loved the idea u were trying to portray 🙂

2. princess, i’d be lying if i said i knew 😛
    thanks 🙂

foof, addictions are hard to get over, trust me on this one 😛

blackorchid, thanks 🙂

3. mohmoh, well the solution is simply to walk away.. it’s easier said than done though!

Susu, well that kind of strong emotions are not healthy anyway

4. thank you thank you thank you! i loved it so much!! Once i wanted to write something for someone, and i wanted it to be exactly like this! but…since i have no poetic skills, i couldnt! No, i am not going to steal this and sell it as it was mine. But i’d love to read those thoughts again, and a sweet memory came back to my mind.

your new fan K :p

5. I know I’m too late in reading this poem because i read them randomly not following any order such as time. I think this one is my favourite…

good luck in your medicine exam on sunday 🙂 hope you do your best.

6. katty, A lot of us experience this kind of addiction to someone that sometimes it’s just unhealthy!
    Feel free to steal anything 😉

NoOoOoOn, The most important thing is that you read them eventually! Glad you liked this one
    Medicine exam wasn’t what i hoped for bs al7amdellah 3la kol 7al